Leader Manager Profile™
Improve managerial effectiveness with the Leader Manager Profile™
“Used exclusively by the Australian Graduate School of Management on their Executive Programs for Middle Managers”
The performance of one group, the management team – is particularly critical to the success of any organisation. To improve performance managers need to know:
- What’s my current level of performance (as seen by others)?
- What do I need to keep doing?
- What (if anything) do I need to change?
- How do I ensure consistency of performance over time?
The Leader Manager Profile™ is a 360° feedback profile that has been developed with organisations over a 10 year period to provide an effective benchmarking and development tool for managerial development.
Product Summary . . .
A comprehensive online 360° feedback profile plus development plan covering the key managerial effectiveness areas:
Leading Self and Others
- Displays organisational loyalty
- Displays personal credibility
- Sets team direction
- Empowers others
- Drives change
Leading by Building Relationships
- Develops personal and professional credibility
- Manages upwards
- Builds team credibility
- Builds credibility within own team
Leading by Communicating with Impact
- Displays a positive communication style
- Presents effectively to groups
Managing Others Effectively
- Helps others to set a clear direction for their work
- Monitors performance
- Maintains team direction
- Develops a positive team climate
- Maintains team morale
- Builds team commitment
- Encourages people to take responsibility
- Provides interesting work for people
- Delegates effectively to assist in team member’s own development
- Builds a trusting relationship with team members
- Provides effective feedback
Operating – Managing Self Effectively
- Sets a positive example for others
- Makes sound judgments
- Sets priorities appropriately
- Manages time effectively
- Displays a workable mix between managing and doing
The Leader Manager Profile™ . . .
- Shows how the manager’s perception of his/her behaviour compares with others
- Shows the view of significant rater groups such as his/her manager, peers and team members on 50 managerial behaviours
- Gives each rater’s opinion as to whether the manager should display more, less or the same behaviour in the future
- Provides comments by raters on all five effectiveness areas
Special features of the Leader Manager Profile™ . . .
- Online completion of questionnaire
- Profiles available online or hard copy
- Full set of client marketing materials
- Personal Development Plans
- Client briefing and debriefing plans
- Questions can be changed / added
- Can be customised and branded to suit the organisation
Benefits for the client . . .
- Very easy to modify to match their competencies, capabilities and/or PMS, so that it fits with their “culture”
- Has tremendous “face validity” with participants and so is easily and well accepted
“People crave feedback” – You can see a sample profile here, or take the Leader Manager profile yourself.
About the Author - Bob Selden
Subscribe to our site
OVER 45,000 COPIES SOLD WORLDWIDE!
Become a Member
Become a member and receive the benefitsMembership is free and gives you access to 5 premium management tools, quick answers to your management problems from Bob Selden and a subscription to our newsletter.
Register New Account
Featured Member May:
Ian McMaster is Head of Learning & Development at BRC Partnership who assists leaders and managers to ask themselves the pertinent and essential questions so they can be more effective in their work.
Click here to read more about Ian McMaster