Leader Manager Profile™
Improve managerial effectiveness with the Leader Manager Profile™
“Used exclusively by the Australian Graduate School of Management on their Executive Programs for Middle Managers”
The performance of one group, the management team – is particularly critical to the success of any organisation. To improve performance managers need to know:
- What’s my current level of performance (as seen by others)?
- What do I need to keep doing?
- What (if anything) do I need to change?
- How do I ensure consistency of performance over time?
The Leader Manager Profile™ is a 360° feedback profile that has been developed with organisations over a 10 year period to provide an effective benchmarking and development tool for managerial development.
Product Summary . . .
A comprehensive online 360° feedback profile plus development plan covering the key managerial effectiveness areas:
Leading Self and Others
- Displays organisational loyalty
- Displays personal credibility
- Sets team direction
- Empowers others
- Drives change
Leading by Building Relationships
- Develops personal and professional credibility
- Manages upwards
- Builds team credibility
- Builds credibility within own team
Leading by Communicating with Impact
- Displays a positive communication style
- Presents effectively to groups
Managing Others Effectively
- Helps others to set a clear direction for their work
- Monitors performance
- Maintains team direction
- Develops a positive team climate
- Maintains team morale
- Builds team commitment
- Encourages people to take responsibility
- Provides interesting work for people
- Delegates effectively to assist in team member’s own development
- Builds a trusting relationship with team members
- Provides effective feedback
Operating – Managing Self Effectively
- Sets a positive example for others
- Makes sound judgments
- Sets priorities appropriately
- Manages time effectively
- Displays a workable mix between managing and doing
The Leader Manager Profile™ . . .
- Shows how the manager’s perception of his/her behaviour compares with others
- Shows the view of significant rater groups such as his/her manager, peers and team members on 50 managerial behaviours
- Gives each rater’s opinion as to whether the manager should display more, less or the same behaviour in the future
- Provides comments by raters on all five effectiveness areas
Special features of the Leader Manager Profile™ . . .
- Online completion of questionnaire
- Profiles available online or hard copy
- Full set of client marketing materials
- Personal Development Plans
- Client briefing and debriefing plans
- Questions can be changed / added
- Can be customised and branded to suit the organisation
Benefits for the client . . .
- Very easy to modify to match their competencies, capabilities and/or PMS, so that it fits with their “culture”
- Has tremendous “face validity” with participants and so is easily and well accepted
“People crave feedback” – You can see a sample profile here, or take the Leader Manager profile yourself.
About the Author - Bob Selden
Subscribe to our site
OVER 45,000 COPIES SOLD WORLDWIDE!
Become a Member
Become a member and receive the benefitsMembership is free and gives you access to 5 premium management tools, quick answers to your management problems from Bob Selden and a subscription to our newsletter.
Register New Account
Featured Member: Meryl DavidWhat motivates me most now is to see others do a great job in communication and if I can help bring out the best of their communication abilities in the people I work with, my long years of delivering communication solutions for organisations have been well worth it.
Click here to read more about Meryl David